Have you been looking for the perfect fast and healthy lunch/dinner option? Something you can make in 20 minutes, or something you can prepare and use for the next few days? Look no further.
To make 2 servings follow the below recipe, double/triple if you are feeding more people or preparing for the week.
- 500g of chicken breast with all fat cut off, sliced into pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into long wise strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into long wise strips
- 1/2 capsicum, sliced and diced of your choice, or use multiple colours for some extra colour
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Place chicken and coconut oil into wok or frying pan and cook until beginning to brown on both sides, usually take 10 minutes.
While waiting for chicken to cook, prepare vegetables and add once chicken is browning. Allow vegetables to cook for 5 minutes, best to cover with lid at this point to allow the vegetables to steam as well as fry.
Mix soy, honey and sesame together and add to pan and cook for further 5 minutes or until everything is cooked well.
To mix it up add a range of vegetables including spinach, bok choy, corn, pineapple etc.
To make it go further serve with brown rice or quinoa.